Position: Executive Director
Employer: Eagle Point - Blue Rapids Parks Council
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta
The Eagle Point – Blue Rapids Parks Council (Parks Council) is a non-profit, community-based multi-stakeholder organization committed to managing and operating Eagle Point Provincial Park and Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area in partnership with Alberta Tourism Parks and Recreation. Incorporated in April 2008, under the Alberta Societies Act, the Parks Council currently has a team of four staff and contractors and a volunteer board consisting of fifteen directors; representing a variety of stakeholders including Alberta Parks, local municipalities, outdoor recreation organizations and industry representatives.
The Parks Council is seeking an experienced and proven professional as its Executive Director to implement the strategic direction of the organization, develop and deliver projects and program services, and provide support and coordination for its member organizations.
For additional information on the mandate, goals and services of the Parks Council please visit: http://www.epbrparkscouncil.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, and working in close collaboration with its members, you will be responsible for all activities related to program development and management, fundraising and the day-to-day operations of the organization. You will be in charge of developing and implementing strategic priorities, ensuring the effective and sound financial management of the organization and promoting relationships with funders and donors. You will ensure that the Parks Council continuously adapts to its social, economic and political context, while ensuring that all of the organization’s endeavors are consistent with its mission and vision.
In your role as a key organizational leader, you will also strengthen the Parks Council’s position and image by aligning the growth of the organization with its strategic priorities. You will maintain and foster strong, collaborative relationships with partner municipalities and nourish long-lasting relationships with key private and institutional donors, while securing new partnership opportunities. Together with the Chair of the Board, you will also act as spokesperson for the organization and will promote its vision, image, mandate and position in the region and throughout Alberta.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Successful personnel management, financial, and administrative experience in senior organizational roles
- Proven leadership success in non-profit organizations and in working with volunteer boards and volunteers
- Inspiring leadership, business insight and ability to motivate colleagues and staff in a collegial manner
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of practical experience in environmental services, parks planning or administration, outdoor recreational facility planning and/or operational programming, or a related field;
- Personal conviction and commitment to environmental stewardship and promotion of outdoor recreation; and a strong affinity with the Parks Council’s mission and values
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); Familiarity with GIS software and data management will be a valuable asset;
- Sound knowledge and successful experience in the project development and fundraising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and well-honed presentation and speaking skills
- Strong skills in group facilitation and collaborative planning and familiarity with consensus-seeking decision making; and experience in developing solutions with multi-stakeholder interests at the table;
- A good understanding of regional and provincial parks and outdoor recreation players at municipal and provincial levels, and effective networking and partnership development skills
- Ability to absorb information quickly, prioritize, effectively leverage available resources and deliver on time and on budget.
The Parks Council anticipates this as being a full time position. Salary offered will be in the $70,000 to $90,000 FTE range commensurate with relevant experience, skills and professional training.
For a detailed job description, please visit: http://www.epbrparkscouncil.org
If you believe you have the profile we are seeking, please forward your resume, references, and a letter explaining your interest and detailing your accomplishments, in confidence, to the below address no later than Monday May 19, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
Mail/Courier: The Hiring Committee
Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council
5136 – 51 Avenue (Box 7355)
Drayton Valley, Alberta T7A 1S5
Email: jobs epbrparkscouncil.org*
All information received will be treated in the strictest confidence.
~ We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted ~
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.