Campaigns Director, f/t, Leadnow.ca, Vancouver or Toronto / flexible
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 20 2017
Position: Campaigns Director
Location: Preference for a candidate who can work from one of our offices in Vancouver or Toronto. Flexible for the right candidate who is able to successfully work remotely.
You have a strategic head, an open heart, and a relentless drive to carry out campaigns that make significant change in people's lives. You can demonstrate sustained success in campaign strategy & implementation. Your people management skills are inspiring and you wield a sophisticated understanding of message development & political frameworks. At Leadnow, we focus like a laser on progressive campaigns at the intersection of political efficacy and high member energy. If you're a top-notch campaigner looking to create the next big thing in poiltical change by leveraging the power of the Internet, then this role is for you!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Campaigns Director leads our core team of campaigners and oversees all aspects of our campaign development and execution. The Campaign Director ensures Leadnow establishes its place as the most innovative campaigning organization by developing new strategies and tactics that will enable ordinary people to have a real impact on policy, politics, society, and elecitons.
Leadnow organizes campaigns that build and defend a just, sustainable, and equitable Canada. Leadnow's power comes from our community, we are independent from party politics and driven by the belief that democracy is both an ends and a means. We want a more open, accountable, and representative democracy because decisions should be driven by the people whose lives they affect.
Preference for a candidate who can work from one of our offices in Vancouver or Toronto. Flexible for the right candidate who is able to successfully work remotely.
$60,000 - $70,000, negotaible based on qualifications
Full health and dental benefits after successful completion of probation
This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week
Late April to early May 2017
Why you'll love working at Leadnow
- A flexible and friendly work environment
- Opportunities for professional development, mentorships, secondments and networking - both locally and internationally
- Purposeful work, that creates a tangible, measurable difference
Leadnow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability
Key Responsibilities of the Campaigns Director
To set our Campaigns Director up for success, we have identified four critical skill sets necessary to excel in this role --- roughly grouped into Strategy, People Management & Leadership, Communications and Technology.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the screening, selection and escalation of campaigns from a range of rapid-response to long-term flagship campaigns
- Accountable for setting, distributing, and supporting the team to meet online fundraising targets based on organization's core and campaigning budget
- Manages campaign budgets and makes decisions on increasing or decreasing the resources going into specific campaigns
People Management & Leadership
- Manages campaigners and collaborates with other tactical streams (i.e. operations and technology to deliver on organizational priorities)
- Provides one-on-one coaching, direction, accountability and prioritization of work plans within the campaigns team
- Oversees the development of campaign communications, organizing tools, and resources for email, web, print, and video
- Leads on setting the overarching strategic communications framework for the organization
- Collaborates and assists with tech projects, including scoping and specs for new web tools that build and engage our community
- Skillfuly tests and iterates on new uses of technology and measures the impact of digital tactics employed
Core Competencies & Attributes:
- Develops effective working relationships with decision makers, partner organizations, funders, and other relevant external stakeholders
- Understands, trusts, and connects with grassroots activities and wants to support them in doing impactful creative work
- Understanding of Canadian politics and the legislative process
- Collaborative and supportive approach and working style
- Experience managing and developing staff and leading a high-performing team
- Displays cultural leadership on positive organizational norms and intuitively reinforces the morale, spirit and resilience of the team
- Expertise in crafting messaging for various media formats (including emails, ad copy, social media, press releases, etc)
- Knack for developing newsworthy campaigns and generating press coverage to influence campaign impact and wins
- Familiarity with user-centric / UX design concepts and frameworks
To apply: Please submit your online application through Charity Village here.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. We will begin to short-list candidates after March 31st; early applications are encouraged.
- Experience in government relations
- Bilingualism (written and/or spoken) or advanced command of the French language is an asset
We welcome and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourage Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people with disabilities to apply. We recognize that this list is neither exhaustive nor representative of the intersectionality present within each individual. Please indicate in your applicaton if you would like to be considered for employment equity.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: