Dispatch & Customer Service Associate, f/t, Recycling Alternative, Vancouver BC
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 17 2017
Title: Dispatch & Customer Service Associate
Organization: Recycling Alternative
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Weekdays (weekends on-call)
Benefits: 50% Medical/Dental after 6 months of full-time employment
Remuneration: to be negotiated/based on experience
Who We Are:
Recycling Alternative is a locally owned and operated company that has been providing recycling programs and pick-up services to offices, businesses and restaurants throughout the Lower Mainland since 1989. Our focus is always on best-practices recycling, customer service & engagement, and supporting local community programs and organizations.
About This Position:
The Dispatch & Customer Service performs all daily dispatching services for Recycling Alternative, including responding to customer calls, managing routes, and supporting our driving staff.
This position is responsible for managing and optimizing all daily routing, tracking driver time, updating and implementing any changes to ensure optimal customer service and logistical efficiencies. The successful Associate is a key member or our team, possessing the experience and initiative to further develop this role and make it their own, able to work as a positive team player, while remaining respectful of the policies and procedures already in place.
- Respond to customer inquiries, calls, concerns in a timely manner to ensure excellent customer service and up to date information for clients in Vancouver and Calgary
- Schedule and dispatch all daily pick-ups for company fleet using our current software system
- Daily preparation of routes and supplies for the driving staff
- Ensure maximum efficiency and optimized routing times for drivers
- Oversee routing for Vancouver and Calgary operations
- Maintain contact with driving team to update routes in real time throughout the day
- Manage electronics and systems for driver communications
- Enter, maintain and reconcile data throughout the month in preparation for monthly billing
- Ensure all information related to dispatch and logistics is correct and up to date in our system
- Maintain and organize customer and driver supplies
- Provide support for driver training, for new staff and on-going
- Work with operations team to problem solve and plan for changes such as customer service changes, equipment breakdown, staff & stat holidays, etc. as they impact daily dispatching schedules
- Regular reporting and communication with RA team
Requirements and Experience:
- Experience working in transportation environment and knowledge of the industry
- Excellent geographical knowledge of Vancouver/Lower Mainland area
- Detail oriented, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure ensuring quality of work
- Goal oriented and demonstrates initiative to implement and deliver on projects
- Strong ability to multi-task, analyze and problem solve
- Computer skills and data entry
- Strong interpersonal skills with high degree of diplomacy, discretion, and judgement
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanour
- Knowledge and experience in recycling industry/sector an asset
- Passion for sustainability and recycling!
Please send resume and cover letter to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: