Admin/Payroll Assistant, Green Chair Recycling, Lower Mainland (telework) BC
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 17 2017
Position: Admin/Payroll Assistant
Organization: Green Chair Recycling
Location: Lower Mainland (telework), British Columbia
Green Chair Recycling is bringing the Zero Waste lifestyle to the Lower Mainland through event recycling services, business consulting and community outreach work. Check out our website (http://www.greenchairrecycling.com) to learn more about the company and see what we have been up to last year.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate and extremely organized administrative/payroll assistant to join our recycling and sustainability company.
If you are:
- Passionate about recycling and sustainability
- Looking to make a difference in your community
- Able to be effective in a self-directed environment
- Able to juggle multiple high-priority projects at a time
- A fast, organized worker
- Able to view the bigger picture, but also able to keep an eye on the small details
This position might be for you!
In this role, you will:
- Process payroll bi-weekly for up to 30 employees
- Process accounts payable and receivable each month
- Manage the work calendar
- Schedule employees for events
- Ensuring invoicing is completed promptly and correctly
- Other client-related duties as necessary
- Assist with human resources-related duties, including managing employee files, completing job postings and scheduling interviews and training sessions as needed
- Assist with preparing equipment for events
- Assist the Operations Manager with other administrative duties as necessary
Hours of work:
We require 30 hours per week of availability for this position. We can be flexible on scheduling for the right candidate, but would prefer weekday daytime availability (i.e. Monday-Friday from noon til 6:30, Monday-Thursday from 11 to 7, etc).
There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to take on additional duties, and therefore full-time hours, during our summer busy season.
The right candidate has:
- At least one year of experience in payroll and bookkeeping, including demonstrable experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and invoicing; and
- At least one year of experience in a client-facing administrative role; or
- A comparable combination of education and experience
- Great computer skills, including familiarity with Google Apps
- A laptop with videoconferencing capabilities
- The ability and desire to work from home
- Loads of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
Small business accounting experience is preferred. Human Resources experience is an asset.
Email your resume and cover letter to:
recruitment [at] gogreenchair.com
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: