JOB POSTING / CONTRACT
Position: Energy Efficiency Event Representative
Job Type: Part time, Contract, Customer Engagement
Program Dates: May 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, June 3, 4, 10, 11 (Dates to be confirmed)
Shift Times: 9:30am - 3:15pm
Hourly Wage: $15/hour
Locations: Various Retail Locations across alberta (Click the application link below to see full location list)
Summerhill is dedicated to developing, implementing and managing public engagement, and market transformation programs that lead to measurable improvements in energy savings.
We are seeking outgoing individuals to join our team to engage and educate customers on energy efficiency products for their home. The Alberta Residential Retail Products Program (proposed dates, April 28th to June 11th, 2017) will be promoted in store at select retailers across the province, and will take place over various weekends throughout the campaign period.
The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, an enthusiastic disposition, and will a genuine interest in the environment and energy conservation.
- Actively approach and engage participants in the event promotion
- Educate customers on energy efficiency options for their home and related product knowledge (full training will be provided)
- Facilitate the event at store level; set-up and take-down event materials
- Track program participation, collect customer information and submit event reporting in a timely fashion
- Provide excellent customer service and escalate concerns as needed
- Attend paid training
Job Qualifications/ Requirements
- Genuine interest in the environment and energy conservation
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills; Outgoing personality to comfortably approach and engage new customers
- Self-motivated with a high level of reliability
- Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team
- Demonstrate a friendly and professional manner and appearance
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows; Word, Email and Internet applications
- Access to a computer with high speed internet
- Education or experience in energy efficiency or related field – considered an asset
- CSA footwear (steel toe boots) required for all Home Depot locations
- Move equipment and materials weighing up to 20lbs, during set up and take down of event
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for the duration of the shift
Paid online training - Week of April 25th, 2017
Calgary and Surrounding Area Reps In-person Training
Edmonton and Surrounding Area Reps In-person Training
*In Person Training is only mandatory for reps living in Calgary, Edmonton and surrounding areas. You will be notified by our HR if you need to attend in person training.
Job Contact Information
Please submit a resume and short cover letter, stating the position number(s) you wish to work through the link below by April 25th, 2017. You must be available for all dates associated to the position number (refer to chart below). Please note that Summerhill does not pay for mileage to travel to the events so please select the position closest to your home address.
Summerhill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.