Social Media and Communications Coordinator, Canada Green Building Council, Vancouver BC
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 16 2017
Position: Social Media and Communications Coordinator
Organization: Canada Green Building Council
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the country’s foremost national expert and advocate for green and sustainable buildings. As the voice of the industry in Canada, we work to affect change at all levels of the building industry, toward the goal of Every Building Greener. In order to help us deliver our message in Canada’s regions, we are seeking a communications professional for the following position:
Social Media and Communications Coordinator
(Casual part-time – 2-3 days per week)
We are currently seeking a talented, self-motivated Communications and Social Media Coordinator to support our dynamic team across the country. This position is responsible to provide the regional chapters with day-to-day communications content creation and delivery.
CaGBC’s inclusive culture provides:
- A fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- An opportunity to work with a team of experts in environmental sustainability
- A work environment committed to continuous improvement
- Work with a forward-thinking, friendly group of green-minded professionals
- Assist in the execution of communications and marketing campaigns for promotional, educational and informational purposes, including the day-to-day monitoring and posting of social media, and the execution of specific social media campaigns.
- Repurpose content from technical/research reports to target specific audiences through various communication channels.
- Conceptualize visual products and work with CaGBC Graphic Designer to create these products for use on social media, including badges, infographics, etc.
- Consult with internal team and our Chapters (as clients)to ensure consistency of messaging and branding, and to ensure products meet strategic goals, while considering target audiences, budgets and deadlines.
- One to three years experience in a communications, social media or similar role with a post-secondary degree in communications, marketing or a related field; or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proficient on social media platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications tools, including email marketing software, WSYWIG editing and basic HTML code editing, in a content management based environment.
- Ability to edit Adobe In Design files.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or social media analytics is an asset.
Click here to see the complete job description – Social Media and Communications Coordinator
Please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject heading “Social Media and Communications Coordinator” on or before March 31, 2017 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CaGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: