Position: Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
Organization: Canada Green Building Council
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the country’s foremost national expert and advocate for green and sustainable buildings. As the voice of the industry in Canada, we work to affect change at all levels of the building industry, toward the goal of Every Building Greener. We are seeking a dynamic event planning professional as:
Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
(14 month contract* – Ottawa)
The Events and Sponsorship Coordinator plays a key role in the coordination, delivery and evaluation of the CaGBC annual conference and expo. The scope of the position spans all activities related to the conference including event logistics, marketing and communications, as well as, sponsorship and other events and/or workshops as assigned. The work of the Events and Sponsorship Coordinator contributes to the overall success of the annual event and a high degree of delegate satisfaction. The Events and Sponsorship Coordinator also plays a supporting role in the delivery and management of the national and Chapter sponsorship programs..
*NOTE: there is potential for the position to become permanent
CaGBC’s inclusive culture provides:
- A fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- An opportunity to work with a team of experts in environmental sustainability
- A work environment committed to continuous improvement
- Work with an forward-thinking, friendly group of green-minded professionals
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work/life balance, flexible hours, casual dress, and Summer Fridays
Click here to see the complete job description
Who you are:
- A self-motivated and energetic event planner with at least three years professional experience
- A person who thrives on balancing multiple priorities and producing results in a fast paced environment
- Able to demonstrate quality results in all phases of the event planning cycle
- The holder of a post-secondary degree or certification in event planning or related field
Please forward a résumé and cover letter and salary expectations with the subject heading: “Event and Sponsorship Coordinator” to:
by March 31, 2017.
CaGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.