Position: COLLECTION SPECIALIST
Organization: Multi-Material BC
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Full-time, 15 Month Parental Leave Contract
If you are interested in providing innovative recycling solutions, delivering exceptional recycling operations and administration service, and helping to preserve the environment, Multi-Material BC is looking for a Collection Specialist.
This position is a fifteen (15) month contract covering a parental leave, from May 2017 to July/August 2018 (start date to be established with successful candidate).
Who we are:
Launched in 2014, Multi-Material BC (MMBC) is a non-profit organization that oversees residential packaging and printed paper recycling throughout much of British Columbia, working in partnership with more than 160 collection and post-collection partners.
MMBC is considered a best-practice model for residential recycling. The MMBC program is funded by the businesses that supply packaging and printed paper to BC residents, shifting recycling costs away from residents. It is Canada’s only 100% industry funded extended producer responsibility (EPR) program for residential recycling.
MMBC directly or indirectly provides recycling services to nearly 1.3 million single and multi-family households in the province, representing 151 municipalities, electoral areas and First Nations. In 2015 alone, we responsibly managed 178,583 tonnes of recyclable material, for an overall recovery rate of 77%, meaning of all the packaging and printed paper supplied into the BC market by MMBC members, 77% were collected and responsibly recycled.
What we care about:
We care about our business and our people. We are seeking a motivated, analytical, detail-driven natural communicator, who will build great relationships with our dedicated 13-person team. This person should embody our values of innovation, trust, knowledge, service and respect.
Reporting to the Collection Manager, the Collection Specialist will assist in the implementation of new recycling service provider collection contracts and the oversight of collection service providers.
- Oversee operational and customer service activities for areas with existing collection service providers
- Monitor service level performance of collection service providers in accordance with signed collection agreements and work with them to resolve issues as required and work towards best practices
- Compile and analyze data related to collection for applicable collection service areas, and provide regular status reports and analyses
- Work collaboratively with applicable local government and collection service provider staff to gather information, problem solve and develop/implement necessary procedures
- Build relationships with collection service providers and provide in-field training on established policies and practices
- Monitor customer service procedures and work collaboratively with collection service providers to resolve any service-related issues
- Assist with residential communication efforts in applicable service areas
- Implement procedures to facilitate seamless and successful transitions of PPP residential collection services from local governments to collection service providers contracted directly to MMBC
- Work with other MMBC operations and field services staff as needed for the oversight and validation of collection and post-collection material flow in the field
- Participate in sustainability forums to gain understanding of sustainable materials management and contribute knowledge and perspective
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education related to business, environmental studies, sciences, engineering or related field
- At least 2-5 years in an operations, waste management, supply chain or logistics environment or related field
- Direct experience in paper & packaging recycling or related field is beneficial but not necessary
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis and provide summaries and recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare clear and concise administrative and technical reports
- Good relationship building skills
- Experience in handling customer service inquiries is beneficial but not necessary
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively create, implement and provide oversight to project plans
- Occasional travel throughout province will be required to visit with collection service providers. Valid driver’s license required as well as potential need for access to a vehicle
MMBC offers competitive compensation and benefits coverage, and a collaborative work environment.
For more information about MMBC, please visit:
Multi-Material BC works closely with Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance Inc. (CSSA), a national organization that provides management services to MMBC.
Please send cover letter and resume demonstrating why you would be a great fit for our team to:
by April 16, 2017.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Multi-Material BC is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies please. Thank you.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.