Sustainability Education Centre Assistant, summer job, Ecosource, Mississauga, Ontario
EDITOR'S NOTE: The deadline for this listing has passed. Unless the text below indicates that late or ongoing applications are welcome, it's probably best not to apply. Look for newer listings at: Jobs.RCEN.ca
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 15 2017
SUMMER STUDENT JOB
Position: Sustainability Education Centre Assistant
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Ontario
Ecosource is seeking a Sustainability Education Centre Assistant (Summer Student Work Opportunity)
Part-Time, 30hrs per week, May 22 – August 25 2017, dependent on funding
Who we are: Ecosource is an innovative environmental organization that empowers the community to become more environmentally responsible through creative public education. We specialize in hands-on programming that aims to increase environmental sustainability in Peel Region and beyond.
The position: Ecosource is seeking a Summer Student to work as a Sustainability Education Centre (SEC) Assistant in our community gardens and main office in Mississauga. The student will support sustainability education through the delivery of experiential education in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Develop and deliver environmental programming for children, youth and adults on waste reduction, alternative energy, water conservation, and sustainable food systems.
- Coordinate with community partner agencies to coordinate environmental activities.
- Coordinate regular email, written and telephone communication with program participants and volunteers.
- Document and track relevant project information including statistics, milestones and evaluation data.
- Act as a representative of Ecosource at community events to support outreach for sustainability education initiatives; represent the core values of Ecosource in the community.
- A passion for environmental issues including waste, energy, water, and sustainable food systems.
- Experience in youth education and group facilitation.
- Understanding of green infrastructure, especially best management practices for stormwater and alternative energy systems, is an asset.
- Strong belief in creating social change by empowering individuals and families.
- Willingness to undertake physical tasks in both indoor and outdoor settings, in a variety of weather conditions.
- Highly observant and energetic individual with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deal compassionately with all members of the community.
- Good organizational skills, responsible and creative approach to tasks and problem solving.
- Experience working with volunteers and delivering educational programming to a diverse audience.
- Fluency in a language represented in our gardens community an asset (eg. Punjabi, Urdu, Italian, Gujarati, Tamil).
- Familiarity with the environmental sector and programming in the Region of Peel.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle for transportation.
- Due to requirements of CSJ funding, the successful candidate MUST be 15-29 years of age, legally able to work in Canada, have been enrolled in full-time studies in the previous year and be returning to full time studies in the fall of 2017.
Deadline for application is Wednesday, March 29th 2017 at midnight.
Application Information: This is a part time position at 30hrs per week, paid at a rate of $11.40 per hour from May 22 – August 25 2017. Ecosource offers a great work environment with excellent opportunities for skills expansion. Ecosource is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified persons.
If you are interested, please send a personalized cover letter (maximum 1 page) outlining your fit with our team and this position, and your resume (maximum 2 pages) via e-mail to Kelven Goodridge at:
with SUSTAINABILITY EDUCATION CENTRE ASSISTANT in the subject line. Documents must be formatted in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please note that resumes without a cover letter, or generic cover letters and resumes, will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: