Waste Reduction Outreach Assistant, summer job, Ecosource, Mississauga, Ontario
EDITOR'S NOTE: The deadline for this listing has passed. Unless the text below indicates that late or ongoing applications are welcome, it's probably best not to apply. Look for newer listings at: Jobs.RCEN.ca
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 15 2017
SUMMER STUDENT JOB
Position: Waste Reduction Outreach Assistant
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Ontario
Who we are: Ecosource is an innovative environmental organization that empowers the community to become more environmentally responsible through creative public education. We specialize in hands-on programming that aims to increase environmental sustainability in Peel Region and beyond.
The Position: Ecosource is seeking a passionate, creative and self-motivated individual to pilot Ecosource’s “Work To Reduce” program and to support the Waste Reduction Team with hands-on waste education programming.
- Assist with research on waste management practices for small businesses and BIAs in Mississauga.
- Conduct outreach and build relationships with businesses and community members in Mississauga.
- Prepare materials and support activities for summer waste reduction programs.
- Help organize and facilitate community summer events, including upcycling trade markets that support communities to reduce and reuse more often.
- Engage local community members through events, presentations, communications and programs.
- Due to requirements of Canada Summer Jobs, the successful candidate MUST be 15-29 years of age, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, enrolled in full-time studies during spring of 2016 and be returning to full time studies in the fall of 2017.
- Background in environmental studies, environmental management or related field.
- Experience with youth group facilitation.
- Knowledge of environmental issues including waste, energy, and food systems.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, and computer skills including all MS Office applications.
- Assist staff execution and evaluation of research projects, including, surveys, focus groups, data integration and analysis.
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for research reports and presentations.
- Energetic, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently, in a team, and within various settings, possessing a sense of humour.
- Comfortable reaching out to members of the community, small businesses and public speaking.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle for transportation.
Deadline for application is Wednesday, March 29th 2017 at midnight.
Ecosource offers a great team-oriented work environment with excellent opportunities for skills expansion. Ecosource provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest in this position, and outlining that you have access to a vehicle via e-mail (preferred) or fax to:
Emily Kunz Purser, School Waste Programs Manager
Email: ekunzpurser ecosource.ca*
Please note that this position is dependant upon funding, and that resumes without a cover letter, or generic cover letters and resumes, will not be reviewed. Documents should be formatted in Microsoft Word or PDF format (preferred). We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: