Office Manager, Edmonton, Alberta
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 15 2017
Position: Office Manager
Employer: nonprofit charitable organization
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Our client is looking for an Office Manager. This role is responsible for the planning and coordination of office management with a large portion of the role based in general bookkeeping, payroll and benefits for a nonprofit charitable organization based in Edmonton.
The successful candidate will be a great communicator with a love for administration and financial analysis/ reporting and is best suited to a multi-tasker that thrives in a fast paced, non-profit environment where flexibility and being a self starter are necessary. Reporting to, and in consultation with the Executive Director, you will be responsible to:
- Maintain financial accounting systems (QuickBooks)
- Process and reconcile all accounts payable and manage receivables
- Coordinate and administer payroll and benefit plan
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, and termination policies and procedures
- Prepare receipts, complete all deposits, reconcile bank accounts & address all banking needs as appropriate
- Coordinate annual audit processes including documentation and financial reporting duties as required
- Organize and coordinate office operations and procedures
- Manage equipment and supplies procurement and maintenance
- Maintain records of Board meetings and contact information
- Document and file all regulatory requirements for the organization including charity returns, casino, and Society filings/reports
- Other duties related and/or complementary to those listed
In order to be successful, the right candidate will have experience in administrative and office management and will have a minimum of 2 years experience with accounting systems (ideally, Quickbooks) and is considered an advanced to expert level user. Understanding of accrual and deferred accounting in a nonprofit/charity environment as well as knowledge of CRA regulations related to charitable activities and charity operations is necessary for this role. You will have the demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, complimented with strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills. The ability to multi-task, prioritize and take initiative is necessary for this role.
Please note: This is a part time position with up to 24 hours per week, that offers a comprehensive benefits package.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that you would like to pursue, please send your cover letter and resume to: Sherri stronghrsolutions.ca
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: