Stewardship Assistant, summer job, Nature NB, Fredericton, New Brunswick
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 13 2017
SUMMER STUDENT JOB
Position: Stewardship Assistant (Summer position)
Type: summer job / summer student position
Languages: strong communication skills in both official languages / English & French
Organization: Nature NB
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Nature NB is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to celebrate, conserve and protect New Brunswick's natural heritage through education, networking and collaboration.
The Job: Nature NB, Fredericton office, is seeking a bilingual stewardship assistant for the summer months.
The stewardship assistant will:
- Plan outings to natural areas and deliver stewardship activities
- Work with other ENGOs to develop stewardship/citizen science programming
- Engage volunteers
- Develop stewardship material
- Research environmental education themes
- Assist in the creation of bilingual nature-based educational programming.
- Travel and deliver bilingual programming across the province, this may require some evening and weekend work.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of bilingual nature based events across the province.
- Assist in bilingual outdoor education training sessions.
- Communicate with resource people and naturalist clubs
- Current University or College student
- Strong communication skills in both official languages.
- Educational background in one or more areas of the natural sciences
- Experience in program development, preferably with nature-based education programs
- Experience in event planning
- Hold a valid driver’s licence
- Competent with general computer tasks (excel, word, powerpoint) and internet usage
- CPR and First Aid Certification required and a criminal record check for selected candidate.
How to apply:
Please send Resume and cover letter to Nature NB, 924 Prospect Street, Suite 7, Fredericton, NB E3B 2T9 or email to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: