Peace Camp Coordinator, summer job, Children's Peace Theatre, Toronto, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 15 2017
SUMMER JOB POSTING
Title: Peace Camp Coordinator
Type: summer job / summer student position
Organization: Children's Peace Theatre
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Type: Summer, Full-time Contract Position
Duration: 12 weeks, May 11th – August 4th, 2017 (possibly to August 15)
This position is funded by Service Canada. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as full-time students in the 2016-2017 academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Peace Camp Description:
Every summer Children’s Peace Theatre (CPT) hosts Peace Camp, a three-week day camp for 45 children aged 8-13, plus up to 30 additional professional theatre artists, junior guides (13-17), guides (18+), and elders.
Located in our Taylor-Massey Creek forest retreat, Peace Camp involves the creation, rehearsal, and production of an original professional-calibre play about peace and conflict, developed from the stories and imagination of the child campers. In the final week there are several public performances, including a popular and well-attended gala presentation.
- Coordinate registration for Peace Camp
- Support Artistic Director in hiring and managing of Youth Guides
- Liaise with participants and their parents
- Manage daily sign-in of participants
- Manage snack program
- Manage Peace Camp volunteers
- Manage petty cash
- Handle inquiries/complaints
- Liaise between office staff and Peace Camp staff
- Support Youth Guides
- Other administrative duties as required
- Be committed to Anti-racism, Anti-Oppression work
- Possess excellent interpersonal, time management, and communication skills
- Be able to work comfortably and effectively with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and the general public on the telephone, in person, and via written correspondence
- Be comfortable balancing multiple tasks and responsibilities in an organized, efficient, and professional manner
- Be certified in First Aid/CPR or willing to become certified
- Take initiative and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with a team
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be passionate about children, peace, and theatre
How to Apply:
Applicants should e-mail their resume with a one-page cover letter indicating their interest and qualifications to:
by midnight Saturday April 15, 2017 with Peace Camp Coordinator in the subject line.
Children’s Peace Theatre is an equitable employer and strongly encourages candidates who are members of equity seeking groups to apply. We do regret however that at this time our City owned heritage building is not wheelchair accessible.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: