Community Outreach Manager, f/t contract, Ecologos/Water Docs Film Festival, Toronto/GTHA, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 13 2017
JOB POSTING / CONTRACT
Position: Community Outreach Manager
Organization: Ecologos/Water Docs Film Festival
Location: Toronto/GTHA, Ontario
On September 24, 2017, respected Anishinaabek elder, Josephine Mandamin, will lead The Great Lakes Water Walk in the sacred water walking tradition across the entire Toronto waterfront of Lake Ontario. At the end of the walk from a barge beside Ontario Place, Grandmother Josephine will lead over 20,000 in a blessing of the Great Lakes.
This remarkable event is being organized by a coalition of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people and organizations, anchored by Ecologos. It is a first step toward a National Day of Walking for the Water when every year Canadians in all parts of the nation will be invited to walk beside, and for, the body of water they love. And it marks a new beginning of right relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people for Canada’s next 150 years.
See the event video here.
Ecologos is in need of a Community Outreach Manager - Full time contract April to October
- This is a full-time contract position with a competitive compensation rate and a possible extension
- You must have substantial team management experience
- You must be able to start as soon as possible
- Manage and participate directly with a team of outreach professionals tasked to engage indigenous networks, inter-faith and ethno-cultural communities, neighbourhoods, workplaces and schools
- Coordinate the foregoing and other team members working in areas such as social media and event and logistics production
- Electronically track and assure the progress of each work trajectory
- Coordinate a weekly tracking meeting of all team members
- Assure effective intra-team communications
Please send résumé with cover letter and references to Stan Gibson:
stangibson (at) ecologos.ca
Ecologos is a registered environmental and arts charity best known for its Water Docs suite of programs aimed at fostering a sense of reverence for water, informing about threats that imperil water, and inspiring citizen action to protect water. Its Ontario-wide network of volunteers have been fulfilling this mandate through the popular Water Docs Film Festival in Toronto every March; Water Docs @ School Action Projects and Filmmaking for Ontario grade 8 classes; and Water Docs Where-You-Live, community-based film events in towns and neighbourhoods across Ontario. http://www.ecologos.ca
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: