Urban Tree Planter, 4-week contract, LEAF, Toronto, York Region and Ajax, Ontario
EDITOR'S NOTE: The deadline for this listing has passed. Unless the text below indicates that late or ongoing applications are welcome, it's probably best not to apply. Look for newer listings at: Jobs.RCEN.ca
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Mar 16 2017
Position: Urban Tree Planter
Organization: LEAF - Local Enhancement and Appreciation of Forests
Location: Toronto, York Region and Ajax, Ontario
Urban Tree Planter
LEAF is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of the urban forest. Our residential planting programs help residents get the right tree planted in the right place in Toronto, York Region and Ajax. We are currently seeking an urban tree planter to help carry out large tree and shrub plantings in residential yards.
Overview of Position
- Arrive on time and assist with truck loading
- Follow site diagrams to plant trees and shrubs in pre-determined locations
- Strictly follow safety and quality guidelines for all plantings
- Keep paperwork organized, taking detailed notes when appropriate
- Represent LEAF in a professional manner
- Take photographs of newly planted trees and shrubs
- Training provided
- ability to perform heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs)
- willingness to work in inclement weather
- capable of working long days
- attention to detail
- demonstrated interest in and commitment to environmental issues
- tree planting experience in urban environments a significant asset
- diploma/degree in urban forestry, environmental studies or related field an asset
- experience working or volunteering with a not-for-profit organization an asset
- Emergency First Aid + CPR certification a significant asset
- full G driver’s license with a clean driving record an asset
- must have your own weather-appropriate work clothing and steel-toed boots
This is a four week contract. Work will take place three days a week but schedules will be developed to suit planting needs and weather conditions, so work may be intermittent.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Brenna Anstett, Field Operations Coordinator at:
The application deadline is 5pm on Friday, March 24th, 2017, however; applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
LEAF is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: