Environmental Campaigner (Old-Growth Forests), f/t, Ancient Forest Alliance, Vancouver or Victoria BC
Date posted to RCEN & GoodWork:
Nov 27 2016
Position: Environmental Campaigner (Old-Growth Forests)
Organization: Ancient Forest Alliance
Location: Vancouver or Victoria, BC
The Ancient Forest Alliance (AFA) is a registered non-profit society operating in British Columbia to protect the endangered old-growth forests of BC and to ensure sustainable second-growth forestry jobs in the province. The AFA works through research, public education, and engaging key stakeholders and levels of government to achieve our goals.
The AFA is looking for a passionate team player to lead campaigns.
- Plan and implement campaign strategies
- Meet and negotiate with key partners, stakeholders, government and industry officials, and non-traditional allies
- Write persuasive media releases, newsletters, and other campaign materials
- Give effective interviews with the news media
- Organize and deliver public events.
- Help generate revenues for AFA through writing grants and donor stewardship
- Deliver public presentations and talks
- Explore endangered old-growth forests
- Layout/design skills are an asset
- Support the organization in other necessary ways
- Dedication to protecting old-growth forests and nature in general
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Post-secondary degree in environmental studies, environmental science, biology, geography, sociology, anthropology, political science, or other relevant degrees
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and organize multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the science and the policies related to old-growth forests
- Experience with environmental campaigns (through employment or volunteerism)
- A demonstrated proficiency for facilitating meetings an asset
Hours: Work schedule is dependent on current campaigns and projects.
Pay: $36,000 to $40,000/ year depending on experience. Contract position.
Anticipated start date: February 21, 2017
Job posting closing date: February 5, 2017
Ken Wu, Executive Director
Email: info ancientforestalliance.org*
No phone calls, please.
Email a single attachment containing both your cover letter and resume.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Jobs  |  Add a Job  |  About / Help
The Environmental Jobs board is provided by the Canadian Environmental Network in partnership with GoodWork Canada.
To receive environmental jobs by e-mail, subscribe to GoodWork.
Find GoodWork on: